News - September 14, 2023
George Green is a prominent supplier in the mechanical engineering, steel pipework fabrication sector. We manufacture using an array of materials: Carbon / Stainless & Duplex Steel pipes, flanges, and butt welded fittings.
George Green Ltd has and continues to supply DWI Reg 31 Approved Products to water companies and contractors throughout the UK & Ireland.
Our products are offered in a variety of DWI & WRAS approved coatings. These products are applied by our approved partner Northpoint Ltd
DWI & WRAS Approved Coatings
- Resicoat R4-FB HKC04R
- Eurokote Thixo 468
- Scotchkote 206N
Akzo Nobel Resicoat is the preferred FBE coating option on Mild Steel pipework fabrictions. And it holds a comprehensive range of approvals. Combined with a worldwide track record for its Aesthetic Finish, Reliability & Asset Life.
Resicoat can be applied to external and internal surfaces of pipes and fittings and exceeds all industry pipe coating standards.
We also have approval from the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI) to provide flanged and screwed stainless steel pipework and fittings of all diameters and grades. And our first-class pipework is also used by many other industries, including Wastewater, Oil, Gas and Petro Chemical.
George Green pride themselves on their ability to meet tight and difficult delivery programmes, & are contactable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact can be made by phone or via our Email portal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any alerts are viewed by our Sales Team In/Out of Office Hours with response times that are second to none. And we will ensure we find solutions for our growing Customer base.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
- We manufacture and supply fabricated carbon and stainless steel pipework to the UK water sector. We offer bespoke pipe fittings and specials and we value engineer your designs and drawings. And we can offer alternative solutions to ductile iron pipework designs.
- Submerged arc welding service that allows us to produce welded pipework up to 3,000mm in diameter, Maximum of five tonnes in weight, and six metres in length
- Refurbishment and renewal of boreholes, surface pipework, rising main
- Bespoke fabricated fittings, including Bends, Duckfoot Bends, Lobster Backs (Segmental),
- Equal Tees, Reducing Tees, Concentric /Eccentric Reducers, Manifolds, Bellmouths
- Larger size flanges are available on request. If you require any non-standard flanges, we have in house profile & machining capabilities to make these to order.
- Spigot, socket & butt-welded pipework joints are suitable where man entry into the pipe is suitable.
- Insulation Sleeve – We also offer a Spigot/socket welded joint having a thermal sleeve located into the Spigot end of the pipe or fitting. This enables the joint to be welded externally without the internal lining being damaged by the heat of the welding process. This type of joint can be offered over our diameter range and employed irrespective of the pipe being man entry or not. The decision as to if the pipe is man entry or otherwise, is of course, determined by the Client and current regulations. George Green is the leading fabricator in the UK and Ireland, of this type of joint.
- Mechanical Joints, couplings and flange adaptors, complete with bolt and gasket sets can be supplied to offer customers the complete package.
Steel Coated Pipework
Steel fabricated fittings, steel frames & pipe saddles